Keep Your Home Safe
Newham Police have published a list which aims as a good guide to deter burglars from trying to break into your home. Well done Newham Police.
The list is as follows (with some editing by Mr Bloggy):
- Do not leave keys in windows, make sure that all windows are closed and locked – including upstairs ones and small ones.
- Don’t leave valuables on show in the ground floor rooms. Close heavy curtains.
- Invest in a security system, or even a good fake CCTV camera andproximity lights.
- Asian religious symbols on or around the front of the house could give the impression that there may be Asian valuables or Asian Gold in the house.
- Having a dog is a deterrent, even a sign saying that one lives there is helpful.
- Consider leaving a light and the radio on when going out.
- Make sure that all exterior doors are double locked, even if you are only going out for a moment.
Remember our site motto: “Never Be The Victim!”