- Close the premises. This will help preserve the scene and protect any evidence.
- Provide assistance to any customers or staff who may have been injured or appear to be suffering from shock.
- Phone Police. Dial 999 and say “There has been an armed robbery” then provide the operator with all the details they require.
- Do not touch anything that has been touched or left by the robber/s.
- Inform your Security Department if you have one.
- Secure any video images.
- Do not give any information to the press before speaking to the police.
Don’t forget that these tips are only intended as a guide, as things will probably happen very quickly.