There has been a speight of thefts from people at cash machines.
- Make sure that no-one can see over your shoulder.
- Keep your pin number to yourself.
- If you feel you are being crowded, or watched, go to another machine.
- After making your transaction, put your money and card away safely straight away, DO NOT stand around with them in your hand.
- Do not be distracted, especially if someone says you dropped something!
- Bank card fraud ‘highest since 2009’ (bbc.co.uk)
- No Pins , No Passwords (landbars.wordpress.com)
- How to protect yourself from credit card frauds (profit.ndtv.com)
- Card thieves in the area – preying on the elderly by telephone.