This is all it takes – Phone Gone!
City Of London Police are warning that
this has been back again!
There has been a speight of phone thefts by people on cycles.
The big question is – how can we beat them?
Having looked through several sites which aim to help you keep your phone safe, I find they were very technical and tedious, so lets use some common sense.
PLEASE make sure that any information mentioned below which you must note is not kept on the phone itself.
1. Keep your phone out of sight, not left at the top of your handbag or shopping bag.
2. Make sure that you keep a record of your phone’s details (make, model etc.) including your IMEI number (the long one you will usually find inside the battery compartment).
3. Always use a safe pin number, not one which can easily thought of by others, and make sure that you activate it after each use.
4. Install a tracking app onto your phone, and make a note of the details.
5. Do not use your phone in a busy place unless you really have to.
6. When you use your phone in public, stay alert, try to position yourself by a wall, and keep an eye out around you, specially for cycles or people acting suspiciously.
7. Never accept uninvited apps or mysterious messages or e-mails.
8. if your phone is stolen, report it immediately to the Police, giving them the details of the phone, it’s IMEI number and the tracking app info.
9. You should also immediately inform your service provider (telephone company) to let them know about the theft.
No list of instructions could ensure the total safety of your telephone, but using common sense like these measures should help. Remember our motto:
NEVER BE THE VICTIM!
For further information on the return of this crime, follow this link.
- What is the Importance IMEI? (wheretobuycheapmobile.wordpress.com)
- Return a Lost Phone with the IMEI Number (lifehacker.com)