FAKE WEBSITE ADVERTS FOR TELEVISIONS
The Action Fraud Alert service is warning about fake website advertisments, which are pretending to sell flat screen televisions at very tempting below market prices.
These sites ask for payments to be made by direct bank transfer, but there are no televisions for sale, the whole thing is a scam.
The Action Fraud Alert service suggest the following advice on their website:
- Payments made via bank transfer are not protected should you not receive the item.
- Always make payment via a credit card or PayPal where you have some avenue of recompense should you not receive your product.
- Conduct some online research on the website, company name and business address to identify any poor feedback or irregularities.
- Check the authenticity of websites before making any purchases. A ”whois” search on the website will identify when the website has been created, so be wary of newly formed domains. This search can be conducted using the following website – https://who.is/
- If the item advertised seems too good to be true, it probably is.
DON’T FORGET OUR MOTTO:
NEVER BE THE VICTIM!