Aldi has been forced to withdraw some of its sweet and savoury biscuits over fears they have been made in a “dirty” factory.
Customers should not eat affected Baketime products – including cheese thins and ginger nuts – as they may have been contaminated by “pests,” the Food Standards Agency has warned.
The Food Standards Agency said: “Baketime Ltd is recalling various branded biscuit, snack and confectionery products on a precautionary basis as they have been manufactured in unhygienic conditions.
“These products are sold by Aldi, Asvina, Booker and LBV.”
An Aldi spokesperson said: “If you have purchased any of these products, do not consume them.
“Customers who have bought these products with these batch codes are asked to return them immediately to their nearest store, where a full refund will be given.
“No other batch codes are affected. We apologise for any inconvenience and thank you for your co-operation.”
Full products recall list and batches:
- Aldi Cheese Thins (10% Cheese) – L16026, L16027, L16055, L16056, L16057, L16073, L16074, L16075
- Aldi Cheese Bakes – L16026, L16027, L16032, L16033, L16039, L16040, L16046, L16047, L16053, L16366, L16060, L16066, L16067, L16073
- Aldi Oddbites Cheese – L16060
- Aldi Oddbites Salt and Vinegar – L16061
- Aldi Oddbites Smoky Bacon – L16061
- Aldi Ginger Nuts – L16047, L16048, L16061, L16062, L16068, L16069
- Bestway Mini All Butter Shortbread – L16034
- Bestway Mini Brownies – L16035
- Bestway Mini Cheese Thins – L16032, L16033
- Bestway Mini Choc Chip Cookies – L16035
- Happy Shopper Cheese Thins – L16026, L16027, L16032, L16053, L16366, L16060, L16066
- Happy Shopper Fudge Brownies – L16041
- Happy Shopper Choc Chip Cookies – L16041
- LBV Potato Bakes Korma – L16034
- LBV Potato Bakes Mild Thai – L16034
- LBV Strawberry and Vanilla Biscotti – L16027